While signing up with Hotmail Account, in the beginning, you must have provided security questions. If anytime your account is blocked or shows do not exist, and you cannot remember the security questions then don’t worry, there is an alternative way to recover the Hotmail Account. Just follow the simple steps below so that it will help you to recover the Hotmail Account.
Step – I: You have to go to www.hotmail.com.
Step – II: Now click on the Can’t access your account option.
Step – III: After that select the option I forgot my password.
Step – IV: Next you have to click on Reset your password.
Step – V: After that enter your blocked Hotmail ID and also enter the CAPTCHA and after entering it, Click on Next button.
Step – VI: You can click on the option I Can’t use any of these options and the recover your Microsoft Account will appear. You will have to provide an alternate email ID on the contact email address option and Click on Next.
Step – VII: Your Account Info page will appear, and you will have to fill in the information regarding your account and finally click on the Submit button.
Read More: How to Put a Digital Signature in Hotmail
- 1 Hotmail Step 2 Verification:
- 2 Three Methods to Setup Step 2 Verification to Recover Hotmail Forgot Password:
- 2.1 Setup Step 2 Verification using your Phone number:
- 2.2 Setup Step 2 Verification using your Email Address:
- 2.3 Setup Step 2 Verification using an Authenticator App:
- 2.4 Steps to Setup step 2 verification on Android Phone:
- 2.5 Steps to Setup step 2 verification on iPhone:
- 2.6 Steps to Setup step 2 verification on Windows Phone:
Hotmail Step 2 Verification:
Hotmail Step 2 verification is a two-factor verification which is a highly developed security layer that is integrated on Microsoft Accounts to make it more complicated for the hackers to get access and get control of your account. Outlook.com is the layer where all Microsoft services are connected in the course of the same account. We will show you how to set up Step 2 verification for someone to make it difficult to get access to your account, and you are safe from any misuse.
Three Methods to Setup Step 2 Verification to Recover Hotmail Forgot Password:
The Microsoft provides three methods on how to setup step 2 verification by using your phone number, email address and by verification app. Let’s check it out how to set up. These steps will also help you to recover your Hotmail forgot password.
Setup Step 2 Verification using your Phone number:
You can use your phone number to setup step 2 verification on your Outlook and Microsoft Account. All you have to do is to keep in mind that your phone number is connected to a network so it can receive call or SMS with the security code. Below is the step by step guide on how to setup step 2 verification on your Microsoft Accounts and Outlook.
- Firstly, you have to sign in to your outlook.com account and Click on your name and next you have to Click on Account settings.
- Secondly, clicking on the account settings, click on Setup step 2 verification link as you will be able to see.
- Thirdly, Click on Next button.
- Fourthly, there will be a drop-down list, and you will have to select the option for a phone number and after that enter your phone number.
- Fifthly, after entering your phone number, you will have to choose whether you would like to receive the security code through SMS or a call. After choosing the option, Click on Next.
- Sixthly, you will be receiving the code number on your phone number and after that, you will have to enter the code number and Click Next and click Next again.
- Seventhly, Click on Finish button and your step 2 verification is complete with just a simple step.
Setup Step 2 Verification using your Email Address:
You can also set up your step 2 verification using your email address. Setting up a step 2 verification on your Microsoft Account and Outlook is the same process of setting step 2 verification using your phone number. The only thing is you have to select the email address option on the drop-down list to get a security code through your email address. Isn’t it simple and easy!
Setup Step 2 Verification using an Authenticator App:
Follow the steps to setup step 2 verification using an Authenticator App.
- You have to sign in to your outlook.com account and Click on your name and next you have to Click on Account settings.
- Clicking on the account settings, click on Setup step 2 verification link as you will be able to see.
- Click on Next button
- If you want to set up the account to your device, then select the An App from the drop-down list and select your device and Click on Next.
- Depending on your device type you will have to follow a few steps to setup step 2 verification. Let’s a look.
Steps to Setup step 2 verification on Android Phone:
- Firstly, you will have to install the Microsoft Account App on your device.
- Secondly, after the installation of the app, launch the App and click on the Setup now button to get started.
- Thirdly, you will have to enter some information and after click on Next button.
- Lastly, Click on the button Finish and you are ready to use the App.
Steps to Setup step 2 verification on iPhone:
- You will have to install the Azure Authentication App and start to launch the App.
- Next, you will be able to see the QR code on your device and scan it with your device camera to pair the device.
- Enter the QR code and then click Next.
- You can also print your recovery code to regain the control of your account and then Click on Next.
- Lastly, click on the Finish button.
Steps to Setup step 2 verification on Windows Phone:
- You will have to download the App and then install the Authenticator App on your Windows Phone and launch the App.
- Click on to add a new account.
- Scan, the barcode with your windows phone camera, to get the code to pair the device.
- Enter the code and then Click on Next to Finish.