The steps to recover lost of Hotmail forgot Password are as follows.
Step 1: You have to open the Outlook.com homepage. You can recover your account which is unused for up to 365 days, but if the account is inactive for more than a year, then the account will be deleted. If your account is manually deactivated, you can reactivate the account within the next 30 days or else your Hotmail Account will be removed.
Step 2: You have to click on the link Can’t Access Your Account?
Step 3: Then select the next link I Forgot my Password and after selecting the option, click Next.
Step 4: After the Clicking Next, you will have to enter your email address for access to the Microsoft Account, and you have to enter the CAPTCHA and then click Next.
Step 5: After that, you have to select the verification process to authenticate your identity with Microsoft so that you can get access to the password reset page. To recover your account, it depends on the contact preferences that are associated with your account. If you have a number of phones associated with your account, then Microsoft will send you a verification code so that you can get access and authenticate your identity. If you have your alternative email address associated with your account, then you can get a verification code that will be sent to you by Microsoft. You can also recover the Hotmail forgot the password if you have Microsoft Account App, and you can use this app to generate a verification code to identify your account, but you must have the app associated with your account. And if you don’t have any of the above methods associated with your account then you can also label for I don’t use these anymore. You can also select the option to answer the question which helps you prove your identity, but this process is not guaranteed.
Read More: How to Remove Message on Hotmail
- If you choose to respond the question to identify your account, then you have to answer the question to authenticate that you are the owner of the account. And to avoid access from the other users, you will have to provide other contact details, and if you don’t have any alternate email address, then you can create an Email for free. The questions which you will be asked is about your previous known password, date of account creation, and many other questions. You will have to answer these questions correctly so that you can get access to your password but the survey of your questionnaire form will be reviewed which may take a couple of days for a response.
- Now you can get your verification code depending on your selection of receiving the verification code so that you can get access the password reset page.
- After you have selected the options to receive the verification code, after that you can enter the verification code in the box.
- After entering the code, you will be able to create a new password in the account password reset page so that you can get access to your Hotmail account. Set your password securely which can also be memorable.
- Now that you have created a new password for your Hotmail account, you can now get access from the Outlook.com log in page and enjoy the services.